AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE PROGRAM
Click here to NOMINATE AN ALUMNI FOR THE AWARD
The purpose of this program, which is part of the activities in the reunion event, is to recognize distinguished alumni of Obafemi Awolowo University (formerly University of Ife) for their immense contribution to the growth of the University campus, breakthrough performance in chosen profession and exceptional demonstration of leadership and integrity in the service to humanity.
The awards are in four categories outlined as follows:
[a] The Arts
Literary and Dramatic Arts
Communications (including Journalism)
[b] The Sciences
[d] Management/Public Administration
Nominator forwards a completed nomination form to the Reunion Award Committee for evaluation by any of the following means:
Mail: P.O. Box 541836, Grand Prairie, TX 75054. USA
There is no limit to the number of nominations per person.
The Nominee must have matriculated at least 12 years from our Alma Mater before the date of the Award.
Nominee, if selected for award, must be committed to attending the 8th International Reunion of Great Ife at which the award will be presented.
The nominator must gain the commitment of the nominee to be physically present at the reunion award ceremony.
Each nomination must be accompanied with a detailed resume of the nominee.
Duly completed nomination forms must be submitted to the Reunion Awards Committee for compilation on or before 30th of June, 2014.
Successful Nominees will be presented with the awards at the Banquet event of the 2014 Reunion.
ALUMNI HALL OF DISTINCTION
The Great Ife Alumni Hall of Distinction represents an international Hall of Fame for recipients of Awards of Excellence by the worldwide Alumni Association. It does not include recipients of awards by local chapters for distinguished service.
The winners of these awards shall be permanently recognized as outstanding achievers whose body of work and unique accomplishments help to inspire current undergraduates and living alumni.
The achievements of inductees will also serve as story lines for promoting the University in future years as it strives to make and maintain top global university rankings.
Induction into the Hall of Distinction requires excelling at an unparalleled level in one of four categories – The Arts, The Sciences, Entrepreneurship, and Management/Public Administration.
The Awards Committee shall create a shortlist of candidates from all nominations and recommend candidates for awards to the Body of Presidents.
The Body of Presidents shall include the Presidents of National Chapters and Branches of the Alumni Associations worldwide.
The Body of Presidents shall ratify the final list of Awardees before they are announced to the general membership.
All Great Ife Alumni who meet the minimum requirement under Administration guidelines shall be eligible for nomination for the Awards of Excellence and induction to the Hall of Distinction. The committee draws candidates from the nomination process.
The evaluation criteria for giving an award of excellence and ultimate induction into the Great Ife Hall of Distinction shall include but shall not be limited to the following:
1. Nominee has held career positions demonstrating leadership, innovation and breadth of experience.
2. Nominee’s professional accomplishments demonstrate a record of innovation and problem solving in the development of new concepts, designs, prototypes products or services related to science, medicine, engineering, law, economics, research, business, humanities, arts, academia or society.
3. Nominee’s personal accomplishment demonstrates a record of significant service to the Faculty, University, or community at large, including volunteerism, philanthropy and advisory board involvement.
4. Nominee has been recognized extensively by peers and other organizations through awards, citation, dedications, scholarships, etc.
5. Nominee’s accomplishments have been published or recognized in books, articles, documentaries and other media.
6. Nominee has been an active member in a variety of organizations related to his/her area of accomplishment, particularly in leadership roles.
7. Nominee personae should be a credit to the image of Great Ife Alumni Association.
Please note that the Awards Committee has the final say on the issuance of an award.